A Greyhawk Guide to Blackmoor

Author: DHBoggs /

 I think it is time to put down the pen on this one.  Thank you all for your patience over the past year+ that I have been head-down buried in work on this.  Greyhawk and Blackmoor began their journey together and bringing them back in harmony, while a daunting task, has been a true pleasure.


Here is the promised Greyhawk guide to Blackmoor.


It is a dropbox link so hopefully will work for you all, but if not I will be posting it elsewhere in the coming days.


In a nutshell, this book serves as a guide to people, locations, history, and geography of Blackmoor for Greyhawk players, including a deeply researched timeline.  It brings Arneson's traditional Blackmoor back to the Flanaess where it started.


UPDATE


For those (like me) who enjoy having real books, I've created some print-on-demand friendly files.  This includes a cover you can upload to a service like Lulu, if you like, and have your own premium color copy printed as a book.

Cover

Interior file

The most up-to-date version is 2c.

Enjoy.



6 comments:

Macallan Lehane said...

That's an amazing piece of work. Well done and thank you!

Greyhawk Grognard said...

I'm very much looking forward to reading this. I've wanted to do something like this for years, but I lack your obvious command of the Blackmoor material. Well done!

Evard said...

Interestingly Quag Keep wasn’t the only publication to use the C&C Gret Kingdom map.

paleologos said...

This is amazing and clearly the culmination of a ton of work - thank-you!

Xylarthen said...

Haven’t completely read it yet, but so far I am quite impressed - my Patreon dollars sent your way have been well earned! I knew you’ve been busy with various projects (Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg being one), but had no idea this was one of them, or at least I didn’t think you were planning to release anything like this publicly.

I’ve been working on something similar, but from a slightly different angle - while yours is a guide for incorporating Blackmoor into a Greyhawk campaign, mine is for incorporating original, pre-published Greyhawk into a Blackmoor campaign. It is interesting to see how different the end result can vary by taking that slightly different direction. If mine turns out even half as good, I may release it publicly as well.

Job well done, sir!

Belgarath said...

Thank you very much, it's a fantastic job you did there.
Do you have an unannotated version of the beautiful Blackmoor map ?

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Game Archaeologist/Anthropologist, Scholar, Historic Preservation Analyst, and a rural American father of three.
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Followers